The VIDCOE partners with the Virgin Islands Diabetes Specialists (VIDS) to provide chronic care management for patients with diabetes and those who are diagnosed with pre-diabetes. The VIDS Diabetes Care Team includes an endocrinologists (MD), A Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists, and a registered dietician. The VIDCOE also work closely with other specialty healthcare providers such as eye care, kidney care and weight management to ensure that there is a team approach to comprehensive diabetes care.
VIDS offers convenient in-person and telehealth appointments to meet the unique needs of its patients. Services include but are not limited to:
- Diabetes individual assessment, evaluation, care and treatment
- Comprehensive diabetes self-management education and training
- Insulin pump services
- Continuous glucose monitoring for eligible patients
- Type I, Type II, Pre-Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes, Pediatric Diabetes Care with an Endocrinologist
- Case Management
- Medication Management
- Dental Services
- Diabetes Foot Care
- In-house Laboratory and Radiology Services
- Certified Diabetes Educators
- Inpatient diabetes management
- Outpatient diabetes management
- Prenatal Care for management of diabetes during pregnancy
In addition to the above-mentioned services VIDCOE will provide essential care management and outcomes measurement for population health.
VIDS will ensure that all patients will have access to a simple and secure website that provides access to their health information, message your Diabetes Care Team, request medication refills and pay your bill.
VIDS will also assist patients with their care coordination needs by facilitating referrals to specialists to help avoid serious health complications:
- Diabetes foot care
- Eye care
- Behavioral Health
- Kidney Disease
- Weight Management